- The people of Greece didn’t live/lived in independent city-states.
- Women and foreigners possessed/didn’t possess political rights.
- Greece doesn’t include/includes thousands of islands.
- The Greek alphabet influenced/didn’t influence the development of all Western alphabets:
- Greek games were/weren’t part of religious festivals.
Correct these sentences if necessary:
- The agriculture in Ancient Greece was based on growing olives:
- The livestock in Ancient Greece was based on herding camels:
- Greece had a central government and all the poleis had the same ways of government:
- After a long process, oligarchy was established in Athens:
- Sparta polis was ruled by five kings:
- The first Persian War ended when the Persians won the Battle of Marathon:
- The central cult structure of the temples was the opisthodomos:
- Oligarchy means “rule by the few”:
- Athens had limited democracy; only free adult males were citizens:
- Athensʼ main rival was Mycenae:
- Philip II of Macedonia conquered Greece and Italy:
- Alexander built a huge empire:
- Hellenistic science provided much of the scientific knowledge of the world until the modern age:
- Parthenon was on the Spartan acropolis: