H. G. Wells: “History is a race between education and catastrophe”.

martes, 11 de marzo de 2014

4º CC.SS. - TEMA 7 - Hard life of an autocrat

 

We saw Romeo and Juliet together with Misha and Olga. I really enjoyed that splendid opera...

We bathed our daughter at Alix's downstairs. After dinner we played the piano...

I spent my last night listening to the opera Samson and Delilah...

In the morning we took all our dogs for a walk with their grown puppies...

When Tatiana was standing up in the car she badly pinched her leg...

French artist Rolle was painting my portrait and kept the table occupied in the balcony for two hours - a real rogue!!

When we were playing billiard all the electric lamps suddenly went out and it was dark for about 6 minutes...

The two of us had breakfast alone. Then we hung pictures in the new rooms...

Listened to The Clowns. Wonderful!...

 After tea I hung the new pictures in the rooms upstairs...

My dear Alix's name-day... In the morning our good German choir from Petersburg sang a few beautiful songs. There was a big breakfast in the Mirror Hall (Billiard Hall)...

Grigory came to see Alix and we talked together for a long time...

The opera Meistersinger lasted for hours on end we left before it ended...

We had breakfast in the rotunda as usual...

In the evening we made our confessions in the bedroom...

In the morning I took all my dogs for a walk, as usual. From 12 to 1 p.m. I had a sitting with the ministers...

In the evening we played pyramid...

In the evening I put my photos into the album...

We left Tsarskoe and came to Peterhof...

Before dinner I was riding a bicycle and fell down as I ran into one of my dogs...

After dinner I read aloud to Alix Leskov's short stories...

In the evening I read aloud stories about our ancestors, Boyars the Romanovs...

We had tea and dinner on the balcony. The evening was very pleasant. I read aloud to Alix The Karamazovs Brothers...

We had breakfast with the former Portuguese king Manuel who appeared to be a very kind and open-hearted guy...

I ordered a horizontal bar to be made for myself. I placed it in my bathroom and now am beginning to exercise...

www.alexanderpalace.org